Our client is a global energy company, who focus on renewable energy and conventional power and are experiencing significant growth.
As the Treasury Analyst you will work within the Finance department in a small Treasury team, working alongside a Treasury Manager and a Junior Treasury Analyst.
You will be responsible for the treasury activities of the global business including FX risk, transactional cash and banking activities, trade finance and Credit facility reporting.
- Global cash management of the Group: internal and external funding of accounts and timely release.
- Cash forecasting: run daily weekly and monthly forecasts.
- Credit facility reporting: weekly and monthly reporting requirements and monitoring of covenants.
- Foreign currency (FX): monitor and manage Group FX exposure, hedging where required.
- Banking relationships: develop strong operational banking relationships.
- Assist in the implementation of a treasury management system and with projects related to processes or system improvements.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Advanced Excel skills and the ability to handle large data sets.
- Knowledge of financial instruments (Swaps, Future, Options, Forwards).
- Python (at least at intermediate level).
- Demonstrable working experience in derivatives and trading companies and/or a Treasury department.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Part-qualified or qualified in an appropriate finance qualification, including CIMA, ACCA, CFA or ACT.
- Ability to work in a lean, start-up environment in a hands-on and independent manner.
- Resilient under pressure; able to remain calm and effective when faced with multiple requests or demands at the same time.
- A highly analytical, logical and detail-oriented working style.
- Willing to act consistently as a team player; willing to get stuck into tasks outside of usual remit and help do everything necessary to make the business operate successfully.
- A demonstrable interest in commodity trading and/or Treasury.