An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a new and entrepreneurial oil trading organisation based in London. Offing a combination of unique expertise in physical trading, innovative financial structures, and world-class analytics to deliver long-term value, from refinery to end customer.
The Trade Settlement Senior Analyst handles settlements transactions and acts as primary interface with the trading counterparties, front office and operations team. This role sits withing accounting reporting and control and we aim to provide robust financial support to the progressive business we work in, join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
In this role You will:
- Daily management of settlement of financial and physical (sales and costs) transactions.
- Be accountable for the accurate and timely completion of settlements activities within area of responsibility, which include:
- Generate accurate customer invoices and supporting documentation, including documentation required for Letter of Credit (Stand Buy or Documentary LC)
- Settle all transactions per contractual terms.
- Ensure funds are received and paid on time and accurately; liaise with counterparties should any discrepancies occur; provide thorough explanations for any outstanding balances, ensure disputes are tracked, monitored and resolved in a timely manner.
- Accurate and timely accounting and reporting of all transactions and processing in the Ledgers; Support the Finance manager with month end closing tasks including the reconciliation of ETRM to SAP
- Provide accurate details of projected cash flows to enable the business to manage daily and weekly cash requirements.
- Ensure smooth close and perform regular reconciliations. Ensure non-reconciling items are followed-up.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with trading, operations and risk teams
- Ensure full compliance with the relevant Policies and Procedures
- Ensure delivery of high-quality customer service
- Manage aged debt, cash forecasting and unreconciling items.
- Deal with a wide variety of ad-hoc queries timely and escalate as appropriate.
- Identify and assist in delivering continuous improvement ideas. Pro-actively seek opportunities to standardize, simplify and automate processes to improve performance and efficiency.
- Actively participate and support projects
- Provide exceptional internal and external customer service to build and strengthen relationships.
What you will need to be successful:
- Fluency in English
- Relevant degree and at least 1-3 years of experience in finance or accounting
- General understanding of Accounts Payable and Receivable principles
- SAP experience is an advantage.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Great problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good partner management and customer service capabilities
- Team player attitude, proactive manner, and good communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, handle pressure and deliver against deadlines.