Our client is a Commodity Trading business with a portfolio of over 25 different commodities. Regarded as one of the world’s fastest growing Agricultural commodity traders; they are also diversifying their portfolio to include Metals and Energy.
The main purpose of your tole will be to ensure best in class global coffee trade operations with deliverables in terms of business enablement, margin enhancement and cost control. You will be part of the global operations team and will report to the Global head of commercial operations with a dotted line into Head of Coffee.
Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Work alongside and support coffee team members (traffic, trade, finance)
- To drive continuous improvement in operational excellence.
- Active management of the lifecycle of commodity contracts, shipping documentation, financing facilities and insurance claims.
- Input of contract and logistical information in the in-house computer system.
- Fulfilment of the day-to-day operations focusing on origin shipments (origins to be confirmed) and to lesser extent European stocks.
- Coordinate with clients, traders, shippers, shipping companies we well as finance and colleagues in other regional offices.
- Reporting on contractual progress per client / region.
- Evaluate customer needs with stakeholders and agree solutions to drive customer satisfaction
- Continuous focus on cost.
- Client payment reconciliation and releasing stocks in accordance with receipts.
- Assist with any other ad-hoc operational activities.
Experience and skills required:
- Proven track record in Operations and execution in agricultural trading environment.
- Hands-on and proactive person, being a role model for the operations team.
- Strong customer focus and decision-making skills.
- Ability to thrive in a highly entrepreneurial environment with lesser corporate structure.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or logistics.
- Min 5 years’ experience in trade execution, preferably in soft commodities trade and operations
- Prior working experience in an international trading environment with strong understanding of different trades, contract and legal regulations.
- Strong communicator with peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Strategic orientation with ability to put operational discipline in context of overall strategic and commercial plan.
- Commercially inclined, entrepreneurial of nature and willingness to go into detail
- Knowledge of origins and qualities of both Robusta and Arabica are considered a big plus
- Proven track record in operations and execution in agricultural trading environment, preferably coffee, preferably Africa with the emphasis on origination and containerized supply chain management.
- Strong focus on origin and destination, supporting operations from origin to the final client
- Willingness to travel