Our client is hiring a Team Lead, European Gas and Power Scheduling in its London (UK) office. The role contributes to the operational processes, development of ad-hoc solutions and, where appropriate, to the operational and commercial activities related to their European Trading entity.
The candidate will assist with daily activities such as EU Gas Scheduling, Profit and Loss analysis, position reconciliation, and the technical development of operational tools. This is an ideal position for candidates looking to work and grow their career in an entrepreneurial, small team environment with hands on exposure to a sophisticated EU Gas trading, scheduling, and operations.
- Ensure daily and/or hourly balancing on all energy market areas.
- Manage all scheduling activities and related processes covering Natural Gas and Power across relevant European market areas and TSOs.
- Lead, manage and direct a team of 2-3 schedulers and ensure coverage of scheduling tasks, including weekends.
- Maintain and manage company’s licensing status and relationship with the relevant system operators.
- Timely physical position management and accurate systems booking of actualization events.
- Ensure transparent, concise, and timely communication with the different commercial teams regarding physical positions, possible curtailments, and any maintenance events (scheduled or unscheduled).
- Coordinate communication/work with the relevant internal and external parties including trading desk, counterparties, operations, IT, finance, risk, legal and various other business partners.
- Onboard and setup, in the relevant systems, new activities including but not limited to transportation, NG Swing, or storage contracts, through thorough lifecycle testing.
- Provide regular reporting on performance and operational risk metrics and develop ad-hoc operational analysis reports.
- Generate and lead efficiency improvement projects.
- 5+ years’ experience in European power and gas markets with prior role in scheduling natural gas and/or Power.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Management and mentoring experience of a small team
- Prior experience with ETRMs (including system configuration), Triple Point (CXL) preferred.
- Experience with tools in managing position scheduling and main nomination/scheduling related portals.
- Good IT skills (Excel, VBA, SQL, Python).
- Experience in setting up technical processes (such as secured communication channels with system operators) a plus
- Effective English verbal and written communication skills, any other languages a plus.
- Ability to perform under pressure with a high motivation/energy level and manage multiple tasks to established deadlines. Demonstrated successful management of projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, or related field