Our client is a successful Global Commodity Trading firm with offices all over the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation with many opportunities for the right individual to grow with the organisation both personally and professionally.
Working closely with an experienced Head of Tax the role offers the opportunity to enhance your career in tax by providing exposure to customs duties, transfer pricing, development of compliance risk frameworks, permanent establishment and withholding tax monitoring, and corporate transactions amongst other aspects of the tax affairs of a multinational business.
The successful candidate will be part of the group finance team and will interact on a regular basis with other finance team colleagues as well as colleagues in the legal, logistics and settlements teams.
- Preparation of UK and Irish VAT returns and Intrastats,
- Management of external providers for preparation of other VAT returns and Intrastats,
- Preparation of UK corporation tax and partnership returns,
- Management of external providers for non-UK corporate income, partnership and other tax returns,
- Development and maintenance of SAO procedures,
- Identifying efficiencies and process improvements and working with colleagues in other departments to implement these,
- Maintenance of partner capital accounts,
- Cash tax forecasting,
- Assisting the Head of Tax with ad hoc tax issues such as contract review, new business structures, transfer pricing.
- Building strong relationships with all employees at the company
- Consequently, to be successful you will need the following attributes: – excellent team building skills – a capable, enthusiastic individual who is a self-starter, able to work under pressure and comfortable with taking initiative, – happy to ‘muck in’ when required, – positive attitude to change, – comfortable with uncertainty and a desire to own problems and find solutions, – ability to identify and remedy inefficiencies to support scalability, including seeking technological solutions.
- Batchelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- Relevant tax or accounting qualification – CTA, ACA or ACCA preferred
- Detailed knowledge of UK corporation tax compliance and VAT compliance essential,
- Experience of tax compliance software, iXBRL tagging, MTD essential,
- Knowledge of customs duties an advantage and willingness to learn about them essential,
- Experience in the commodities sector desirable but not essential,
- Experience of the UK’s SAO regime desirable but not essential,
- Knowledge of US tax compliance an advantage, but not essential.
- Right to work in the UK essential