Our client is an exciting international commodity trading company based in London, and this role provides the incumbent with a unique opportunity to join this dynamic and ever-changing business.
We are looking for a Systematic Trader who is interested in being part of a dynamic trading environment, someone who wants to be part of a global team, and an individual with an entrepreneurial spirit who enjoys a fast-paced work environment.
We are seeking an extremely motivated individual with a high level of intellectual curiosity. Strong quantitative skills and a thorough understanding of risk and portfolio management are must haves, along with an analytical mindset. This individual must have confidence and be able to operate in a disciplined environment with high stakeholder expectations. Strong critical thinking, economic skills and the ability to connect to the probabilistic nature of trading are required.
- Research robust systematic trading strategies in the commodities space, being responsible for the whole lifecycle of their implementation, from idea generation, backtesting, signal generation and execution
- Dive-in a wide range of datasets to extract trading signals and/or improve strategies
- Originate trade ideas from a wide range of sources (observations, academic research, etc.)
- Construct a portfolio of strategies with a deep understanding of how the individual strategies comprising the portfolio interact with each other
- Monitor this newly created portfolio and always look for ways to improve it
- Contribute to the wider efforts of providing quantitative analysis to the rest of the global team
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD Degree
- Proven relevant working experience in a quant researcher/trader role
- Strong programming skills – Python required
- Deep understanding of risk, drawdown management, capital allocation and portfolio optimization
- High attention to detail and very tenacious individual
- Knowledge of commodities markets and how they work
- Previous experience researching trading strategies and constructing portfolios
- Deep knowledge of a specific commodity market