This role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to join a successful Global Commodity Trading business. This role is based in the Compliance team here in London, where they trade various Energy products including Oil and Gas.
Surveillance & Monitoring is responsible for analysing trading activity and business communications for potential Market Abuse. We are looking for a Tableau Specialist to build the analytics and visualisations to complement their surveillance toolkit and enhance the effectiveness of the programme.
Your creativity and ability to produce meaningful and beautiful visualizations will be central to the surveillance product-line. You understand new subjects quickly and can translate unfamiliar datasets into dashboards that are easy to interpret. You understand the needs and interests from the stakeholder’s perspective and use this insight to deliver dashboards that provide insights not readily known. In addition, you will take a leading role in relation to other elements crucial to an effective surveillance framework and connected to data, e.g. ensuring data accuracy / completeness / quality, product ownership of the surveillance system, data mapping, ensuring appropriate surveillance coverage etc.
If you have what it takes to create beautiful, meaningful visualizations and want to take a leading role in building out a recognizable team brand and image; if you want to make a difference to the firm’s ability to identify market abuse; if you are keen to work on a variety of different visualizations with colleagues across the globe, then this is the role for you!
Key responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Creating effective viz that communicates key information clearly and simply.
- Owning the book of work and product line for Surveillance.
- Partnering with colleagues and stakeholders to understand requirements.
- Ensuring that the data used is complete, accurate and utilised in a sustainable and simple way.
- Creation of MI, KPIs, KRIs etc. to enhance surveillance and strengthen governance and management oversight.
- Working with IT / 3rd-party vendors to ensure that data is accurately mapped, and that sufficient coverage is maintained and remediated.
- Producing adequate procedures and documentation to support visualisations.
- Building a recognisable and consistent team brand through the viz created.
- Keeping abreast of the latest trends and developments within Tableau and across the field of visualisations, as a whole
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven track record of producing creative visualisations across a broad range of subject areas
- A solid understanding of SQL, rational databases, normalization, data blending.
- Extensive experience in developing, maintaining, and managing Tableau driven dashboards & analytics and working knowledge of Tableau administration/architecture.
- Proficiency in use of query and reporting analysis tools
- Proficiency in Excel (macros, pivot tables, etc.)
- Ability to agreed timelines
- Self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using SAP Web Intelligence and Power BI is desirable.
- Knowledge of commodity trading (paper / physical) and / or market abuse is advantageous but not a requirement.