Our client is a Commodity Trading business with a portfolio of over 25 different commodities. Regarded as one of the world’s fastest growing Agricultural commodity traders, they are also diversifying their portfolio to include Metals and Energy.
As Sugar Operations Officer, you will be responsible for supporting the Head of Sugar Operations in managing the entire operations program for the Sugar Business. You will work as part of a truly global team who are responsible for maintaining a cohesive process throughout the entire supply chain, from ex-Mill purchases at origin to ex-warehouse sales at destination.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Participate in contract execution and sugar export activities, both in bulk and in containers (containers experience is desirable)
- Check, analyze and insert information into the document flow of sugar operations, ensuring accuracy and compliance with deadlines.
- Ensure that commercial contracts and respective payments are correctly reflected in the system.
- Generate interaction with the financial department and suppliers.
- Generate interaction with suppliers (sugar mills), logistics companies, transshipment terminals and ports, regarding logistics performance and payment scheduling.
- Participate in the project to implement sugar exports in containers in company systems.
- Complete higher education in Foreign Trade or related areas.
- At least 1+ years proven experience in Operations/Shipping/Logistics within a similar industry/environment including Container or similar shipping.
- Advanced Office Package – focusing on Excel.
- Basic notions in assembling spreadsheets powered by a database are desirable.
- Desirable knowledge of the ERP/ D365 system.
- Advanced English (writing, reading, and speaking)
- Portuguese or French speaking is desirable.