We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Treasury Accountant to join the dynamic team at our London Office. This exciting opportunity is tailored for individuals with 1-3 years of experience, preferably within the commodity trading industry. As a Senior Treasury Accountant, you will assume a crucial role in bolstering our operations and contributing to our financial management activities.
- Daily Treasury Operations: Execute key treasury processes, including bank reconciliations, cash forecasting, and foreign exchange (FX) management. Monitor and analyze cash positions to ensure efficient cash management.
- Treasury Transaction Execution: Accurately process and execute treasury transactions. Ensure adherence to internal controls and regulatory requirements.
- Treasury Reporting and Analysis Support: Assisting in the preparation of treasury reports, analyzing financial data, and providing insights on cash management activities.
- Treasury Operations Support: Assist in managing relationships with banks and financial institutions, including opening/closing accounts and coordinating documentation. Maintain accurate records, policies, and procedures. Ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Financial statement preparation: Assisting in the preparation of financial statements, including the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement. This involves organizing and summarizing financial data, reconciling accounts, and ensuring compliance with accounting principles and company policies.
- Preparation of tax calculations and returns: Assisting in the preparation of tax calculations and tax returns for various UK taxes, such as corporation tax and VAT.
- Assisting in the preparation and compilation of financial data and documentation required for the year-end audit.
- Documentation of processes and controls: Assisting in documenting existing processes and controls within the organization. This involves mapping out the flow of transactions, identifying control points, and documenting the specific procedures and responsibilities related to each control.
- Relevant degree, ideally part-qualified accountant or equivalent (CIMA, ACA, ACCA, AMCT)
- 1-3 years of work experience in accounting, preferably with exposure to treasury operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required, and knowledge of Python is desirable.
- Demonstrated interest in the energy industry, with a desire to develop a career in this field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving attitude, with outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proactive attitude and ability to work independently.