Our client is an established trader of Commodity and Energy products based in Central London. They offer a unique chance to work within a continuously growing and diversifying business, with a strong commercial appetite.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure our transfer pricing policies and documentation remain compliant as the business evolves and tax rules change.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Work on transfer pricing projects including coordinating with external transfer pricing advisors.
- Advise the business, including commodity traders, regarding the likely transfer pricing implications of any proposed new business or changes to the business.
- Advice on international tax risks and developments (such as BEPS projects).
- Review of new trading contracts to assess Transfer Pricing and Permanent Establishment risks.
- Work with other departments on the creation of intercompany agreements.
- Responding to HMRC enquiries regarding transfer pricing and associated issues.
- Assist with system upgrades necessary in applying transfer pricing policies and improving documentation.
- Assist with the provision of transfer pricing training to the business as required.
- Compile Local Transfer Pricing documentation file each year.
- Assisting with the calculation of transfer pricing adjustments for inclusion within the corporate tax returns where required.
- Working with Senior Tax Advisor on projects and assisting with other corporation tax work as required.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- ACA or equivalent qualification required.
- The successful candidate will need to be someone who takes ownership of issues and has a strong work ethic in driving through projects.
- A strong knowledge of current transfer pricing law and guidance.
- Ability to research UK corporate tax legislation and OECD guidance.
- Strong communication skills. In particular, a high standard of writing and ability to accurately and concisely summarise complex fact patterns and technical analysis.
- The ability to build a strong network of contacts within the organisation and with external advisors is essential.
- A proactive approach to work. For example, monitoring of UK tax law changes and international tax developments.
- Ability to effectively analyse how UK tax law changes and international tax developments will affect the company and the wider Group. To provide thought leadership to help the business develop.
- Practical approach in applying transfer pricing rules to the design of policies and pricing mechanisms for inclusion within intercompany agreements. In particular, deriving appropriate pricing policies and pricing mechanisms appropriate to the risks and rewards of the underlying transaction(s).
- A desire and willingness to learn new skills relating to the groups corporate tax obligations.