Our client is an exciting Energy and Commodity trading company in the heart of London…
In this role you will act as an independent control with a remit to ensure the integrity of the financial statements through preparation and independent verification of daily and monthly P&L, price verification and valuation testing of trading inventory.
You will play a crucial role in supporting with the growth of the department, and the implementation of new systems..
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Be responsible for the end-to-end Product Control process, including daily P&L preparation and related activities: review and analyse new trades, associated risks and the P&L generated, also understand and analyse the P&L coming from market moves on the existing portfolio of trades.
- Independent valuation of commodity derivatives.
- Understand, produce and explain daily P&L into constituent risk components, investigate, explain and reconcile any issues as needed
- Perform Independent Price Verification and pricing model.
- Implement and monitor price framework and controls.
- New product setup and testing.
- Compute market, liquidation, model and credit reserves.
- Regulatory product position limit monitoring.
- Liaise for external and internal auditors
- Perform risk control assessments and maintain RCSA.
- Change management- improve current processes and controls.
- Complete Ad hoc tasks and project work.
- Liaise with Finance department and trading desks in London, and other international locations.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Mathematical Finance, Physics or Engineering is a requisite for this role or relevant work experience.
- Excellent numeracy, analytics, combined with strong communication skills.
- Advanced aptitude for problem solving and multitasking.
- Intellectually curious.
- Proficient in Excel; VBA/Python a plus.
- Experience with commodities products & financial instruments and the valuations and modelling.
- Knowledge of Openlink Endur or any other similar ETRM systems is highly advantageous.
- Organised, attention to details and able to work to strict deadlines.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a global team.