Our client is a trader of Commodity and Energy products including, Gas, Power, LNG and Oil, based in Central London. They offer a unique chance to work within a growing and diversifying business, with a strong commercial appetite.
As Senior Product Control Analyst, you will primarily support the Oil Trading team, and the role essentially requires previous Product Control/Risk Management experience within the Commodity trading sector. The ideal candidate will have specific Oil knowledge; but experience with other commodity products will also be considered favourably.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Responsible for ensuring that the position, P&L reporting, and commentary including trading costs (accrual, provisions, and actuals), are meaningful, transparent and timely, for the assigned business area within the Oil Business Units, Attributing and communicating in a meaningful way.
- Daily interaction with relevant trading team and other front/middle office departments to support business risk management requirements.
- Provide regular commentary on book performance and strategy, showing clear understanding and control to a variety of audiences.
- Provide insightful management information and analysis as required and to proactively seek to support wider business stakeholders and needs.
- Support and act as an escalation point for Oil Trading DoA and limit breaches.
- Responsible for weekly/monthly/quarterly controls and input into close processes as required for designated business area.
- Ensure integrity of data through the implementation of suitable controls, and regular review and management of data sources.
- Responsible for setup of controls for new business initiatives, ongoing maintenance, and development and improvement thereafter as required.
- Responsible for communicating and escalating the development and maintenance requirements of IT infrastructure in support of business growth.
- Support the wider team by utilising cross cover capabilities for other team members and to support overall team flexibility.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Degree level education, preferably in Business/Finance/Banking/Mathematics/Statistics/Engineering or with appropriate working experience.
- Additional job-related professional qualifications an advantage
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Proven background in Commodities Product Control and/or Market Risk or Trading.
- Very strong understanding of Oil trading and risk management in the context of physical oil products. Experience in biofuels would be an advantage.
- Strong Communication skills – ability to interact with a variety of departments and tiers.
- Commercially aware
- Team player and able to operate under tight deadlines
- Track record of improving (or devising and implementing) controls and procedures.
- Experience of market risk techniques and procedures an advantage.
- Skill in VBA and experience of Symphony an advantage
- Experience of managing or supporting significant business growth.
- Project management experience;
- Able to take, and maintain, an independent approach and challenge where appropriate.