Our client is an established Oil trading company, with physical assets across Europe. They actively source, refine, market and trade Crude Oil and Oil products, and associated financial derivatives.
The business is also taking a lead role in the Energy Transition with the development of several projects aimed to utilise existing infrastructure across Europe to develop renewable energy, green hydrogen, and carbon capture to enable local industries to re reduce carbon emissions.
Due to recent growth across their asset portfolio, we are looking to expand the Risk team in Geneva, and recruit an experienced, very Senior Risk Management professional to help drive and create a strong Risk presence in the Geneva office.
The successful candidate will work very closely with Traders and Operators, to manage the risk for both Crude and Oil Products, whilst improving and developing reporting and systems.
- Help to create a strong risk presence within the Geneva Office.
- Maintaining and ensuring the accuracy of data in the risk management systems
- Contribute to analytical reviews and deliver improvements to market risk processes, models, and methodologies.
- Monitoring and reporting trading risks (exposures) against policies, guidelines, and trading risk limits, ensuring that the risk policies, trading limits and procedures are followed by trading personnel.
- Reviewing, assessing, and validating the forward market curve. When required, modelling and constructing forward curves for the relevant commodities. Supporting risk systems and infrastructure development efforts
- Producing and reporting MTM P/L, position risk and risk metrics such as VaR, of portfolios on a daily basis.
- Performing back-testing and stress testing to validate trading P/L, positions and VaR as per the Trading Policy
- Taking a lead in ensuring that the trading book structure meets the Company’s objectives.
- Monitoring and ensuring the appropriateness of intra-book trades against the transfer pricing formula and policy.
- Working with finance to reconcile risk numbers with financial reports etc.
- Preparing monthly analytical reports for Senior Management
- Assessing the risks of new business opportunities (new markets, assets, strategies etc.) and their impact on the existing business profile, including developing and communicating independent market fundamental analysis to support the risk assessment.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Extensive work-based experience in Physical Commodity trading, within Market Risk/Risk Management/Product Control.
- Indepth knowledge and experience of the Oil and Gas markets essential.
- Highly numerate and analytical
- IT literate; Advanced excel (VBA) or a programming language (Python/R)
- Strong communicator; able to interact with Senior Managers, Traders etc.
- Team player who is self-motivating; interested in improving existing systems and processes.
- Confidence, resilience, and determination to succeed in a dynamic environment.