Our client is a trader of Commodity and Energy products including, Gas, Power, LNG ,and Oil, based in Central London. They offer a unique chance to work within a growing and diversifying business, with a strong commercial appetite.
- Creating sale contracts for physical oil deals.
- Reviewing incoming contracts and respond to them in a timely manner.
- Prompt resolution of any deal entry discrepancies.
- Providing paralegal support / advice to traders & operators on contractual queries and any operational problems that occur.
- Provide pre deal Commercial Advice to traders, operators & business development as necessary ensuring optimum terms are negotiated.
- Understanding the compliance issues / critical controls affecting relevant trades and reporting potential problems.
- Taking responsibility for controlling all relevant paperwork relating to trades which fall within given remit, including preparation of outward and review of inward contracts, as well as ensuring compliance by traders with all control requirements relating to deal entry and authorisation of trade documentation.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Degree in Finance/ Commercial/Mathematics or equivalent.
- Good understanding of the energy trading industry and solid contractual background focused on physical commodity trading.
- Detailed knowledge of Oil and/or Refined Products trading is a prerequisite.
- Solid knowledge of contractual trading agreements, General Terms and Conditions, complex contractual arrangements, storage agreements etc advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Pro-active, self-motivated team player that builds strong relationships.
- Strong analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Be diligent and dedicated to managing ad-hoc analysis and projects in a timely manner.