Our Client is a global energy & commodity trading group, with offices worldwide in over 45 countries.
Working as a Senior member of the London Middle Office team (responsible for UK and European LNG, Power, Gas, Ags, and Oil (Financial) traded products), you will be responsible for correct position reporting, pricing, and adherence with trading limits and more, for the Gas & Power traded products, with scope to expand the products as coverage is provided within Middle Office, complex deal validation.
- Production of a daily PnL for the Gas and Power desks (also supporting other desks covering the commodity spectrum, more specifically Ags, LNG, Metals), be able to produce a breakdown and explain key drivers.
- Manage the risk profile of the trading business in line with the agreed appetite for risk and risk limits.
- Key point of contact for communicating changes to risk profile to management with clear narrative as to subsequent changes to risk profile and commercial understanding as to reasons for positions.
- Frequent and daily interaction with traders to understand core positions and trading rationale.
- Implement new controls: liaise with Tech team to improve and enhance processes.
- Development of enhanced reporting platform.
- Current work-based Middle Office/Product Control/Risk Management experience in a similar role in an Energy/Commodities trading environment is essential.
- Strong understanding and experience of UK/European Power & Gas (Ags and LNG) ideally.
- Previous experience managing and reporting PnL for assets (e.g., power plants/storage).
- Good understanding of PnL attribution, and risk associated to PnL
- Good understanding of VaR, core principal calculations and drivers of changes to risk profile.
- Ability to communicate and summarize risk drivers in clear and concise manner to management.
- Ability to build reporting platforms and experience of implementing new reporting formats from start to finish.
- Technically competent with ETRM systems and tools; specifically, Openlink/Endur/ICTS.
- Fluent English, speaking and writing.
- Advanced Excel skills, VBA SQL, Python preferred – Understanding of how to execute python codes, stored procedures.
- Data visualization experience, Tableau/Dash
- Passionate about risk and processes, capable of working with the business lines to embed risk awareness and culture into everyday processes.
- Self-starter, organized and autonomous.
- Process improvement mindset.
- Ability to work as part of a team.