Our client is a global Metals trading company; part of an international group based in Central London.
This role is based within the Middle Office and the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing and reporting independently all elements of the risk and exposures related to commercial Metals trading activities, including the reporting of trading positions and management of P&L, trade review and reconciliation, to meet key accounting and regulatory standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review data entry in the trading system.
- Assess and report market risk control items daily/ weekly/ monthly, based on the Operating Policy.
- Prepare and analyse weekly and monthly P&L reports in accordance with set deadline.
- Complete accounting memos & requirements for compilation of quarterly financials required by accounting department within set deadline.
- Handle questions related to market risk control items and P&L reports from both internal control and external audit.
- Ensure market price risk is captured and hedge actions executed.
- Consider, suggest, and implement improvement of risk management daily operations and P&L reporting practice.
- Prepare ad hoc reports to management to assist in any area of position reporting/ structure/ strategy.
- Facilitate the ad-hoc new system development project of the Group.
- Provide cover for team members during periods of absence as may be required.
- To comply with internal department controls and comp any polices /procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrable experience of risk management work and knowledge of risk management terms.
- Knowledge of physical commodity business, especially metals and minerals trading.
- Advanced Excel skills and the ability to learn new systems.
- Good understanding for mathematic figures, formula, and modelling (mainly using Microsoft Excel).
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable liaising within the team, Front Office and internal departments with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient verbal and written English language skills.
- Works well under pressure whilst remaining calm and methodical pressure whilst remaining calm and methodical.
- Uses initiative to prioritise own work.
- Very high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Flexible attitude and willingness to adapt to new requirements.