Working within a global Commodity Trading business the Senior Market Risk Manager will assist the Head of Risk on the exposure data needed for market and counterparty risk analysis as well as taking the lead in the project management of the Company’s market risk analytics and credit risk analytics system. The role is suitable for a person with a “can do” attitude who can work independently, navigate through the various IT systems in the company and is willing to get involved in the routine aspects of the role.
The role will be part of the Global Risk Team which is based in London and Switzerland. As the team is a global one the role may involve some travel as required.
- Mentor and manage the offshore risk support team.
- Daily position management by working closely with IT and business teams to ensure that the market risk reports reflect the correct position.
- Automation of risk reports and putting in place risk processes to streamline the daily risk report generation; putting in place a position quality indicator.
- Represent the market risk team in internal and external projects and co-ordinate enhancements in the global VaR system.
- Development of scenario analysis, stress testing and liquidity risk models in line with market price movements and business strategy.
- Generation of trading P&L and back testing with VaR; explaining deviations in P&L with VaR.
- Providing value added risk reports for business and management.
- Explaining the drivers of the market risk VaR.
- Documentation of the logic and assumptions used in risk reports and risk models.
- Overseeing the preparation of risk reports for the Risk committees and the Board; preparing the minutes of the Risk meetings and assisting in the follow up on action points.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in business management / financial engineering.
- 5 – 10 years’ of experience in market risk with a strong IT/Systems focus from a bank or commodity background.
- Strong IT skills and experience including understating of high level programming languages, Excel VBA, and databases; Lacima and SAP knowledge are desirable.
- Comfortable working in unstructured environments and communicating with the front office desk.
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English speaker – additional languages would be an advantage (French, Spanish, Portuguese)