Our client is a global energy & commodity trading group and one of the most exciting and commercially driven Commodity Trading houses in the industry!
Working as part of the London Middle Office team, responsible for UK and European LNG, Power, Gas, Ags and Oil (Financial) traded products, correct position reporting, pricing and adherence with trading limits and more.
- Production of a daily PnL and Risk reports for the trading desks (predominantly for focusing on LNG, but providing covergage for a range of desks across the commodity spectrum), be able to produce a breakdown and explain key drivers.
- Production of weekly management reporting on all portfolios with concise communication on changes to the risk profiles within the books
- Detailed understanding of physical cargo pricing and embedded optionality.
- Development of portfolio risk metrics suitable for LNG trading book,
- IPV on illiquid markets and along the LNG value chain
- Improvements to enhanced reporting platform and risk decomposition.
- Key point of contact for communicating changes to risk profile to management with clear narrative as to subsequent changes to risk profile and commercial understanding as to reasons for positions, with a key focus on physical LNG.
- Support with complex trade booking
- Good understanding of financial derivatives including options and option sensitivities
- Frequent and daily interaction with traders to understand core positions and trading rationale.
- Implement new controls: liaise with Tech team to improve and enhance processes.
- Development of enhanced reporting platform.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- 5 years’+ work-based Middle Office/Product Control/Risk Management experience in a similar role in an Energy/Commodities trading environment is preferred
- Technically competent with ETRM systems and tools; specifically, Openlink/Endur/ICTS.
- Self-starter, organized and autonomous.
- Process improvement mindset.
- Fluent English, speaking and writing.
- Advanced Excel skills, VBA SQL, Python preferred. Data visualization experience, Tableau/Dash
- Passionate about risk and processes, capable of working with the business lines to embed risk awareness and culture into everyday processes.