We are seeking a Senior Gas Trading Analyst to work within a leading Energy and Commodity Trading business in London. You will contribute to the development of commercially relevant analysis primarily to support European gas trading.
Key responsibilities of this role include contributing to;
- Work closely with analysts bench and gas traders to develop models to further the desk’s understanding of short- and medium-term fundamental dynamics for Global and European markets
- Develop trading ideas based on analysis of fundamentals, statistics and option pricing
- Maintain a superior level of quantitative rigor in analysis and closely monitor accuracy of analytical output over time.
- Develop tools to monitor market developments and implied gas balances, whilst efficiently communicating this information within the business.
- Effectively communicate views and findings to traders, analysts, and other stakeholders.
- This list is not exhaustive and may be subject to change.
- 3+ years of experience in a energy commodities role, ideally a strong understating of Gas markets
- Worked with in a role that requires analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of statistical analysis and other quantitative techniques
- Advanced degree in engineering, sciences, math, finance, or economics or equivalent experience
- Advanced skills in a combination of Excel, SQL, Python and statistics
- Commercially aware
- Proactive and driven to make positive change
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills and confident presenter
- Highly numerate