Our client is a truly global Commodity trading company who trade both physical and financial commodities including, Gas & Power, Oil, Metals, Agricultural products, and more…
We have an opportunity for a candidate to join the Scheduling Team. The successful candidate will be joining a team that provides the link between the Trader’s, Gas Hubs and Asset Operators, Power TSO’s, Service providers and will be an essential link to support functions throughout the business.
The team covers 08.00-23.00, 365 days a year. Normal office hours are 8am – 5pm. The successful candidate will be required to work as part of a shift pattern (Currently covering 1 weekend in every 4 and 2 evenings per week). There is no requirement to cover a 24 hour shift pattern.
THE TEAM HAS THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate scheduling of physical gas and power positions at European Hubs, Borders, Entry/Exit Points (IP’s/VIP’s) and Storages.
- Day ahead submission of exchange bids, daily cross border capacity auctions and participation in intraday markets to ensure balanced power portfolio.
- Liaising with Gas Traders to optimize and balance positions through spot exchanges trading and capacity auctions.
- Optimizing gas storages and interconnector flows out of Hours and reacting to cuts/scaling notices.
- To provide a trade support function to the gas and power traders for all routes to market. Managing futures and financial positions in delivery month, liaising with service providers and support functions, providing response to ad hoc queries, and reporting requirements, assisting in futures expiry process, participation in long term capacity auctions and assisting reconciliations of settlements queries.
- Monitoring of Spot Exchange Margin/Collateral, Auction Platform and Grid Collateral usages and liaising with Treasury/Credit Functions.
- Research and providing feedback in the onboarding or new products and locations.
- Attending Shipper meetings to ensure the team and supporting functions stay abreast of market changes.
- Liaising with Business Analyst team to ensure smooth daily operations of systems and testing of new functionality.
- Trade bookings across multiple commodity classes.
- ISCC Sustainability process and associated Bio-Fuel trade bookings and reconciliations.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree level preferable but not a necessity.
- Experience in Gas Operations essential
- Experience of Power Operations would be preferred.
- Good knowledge of the Power and Gas Industry.
- Knowledge of the Trade Lifecycle – Trade- Delivery – Settlement.
- Knowledge of a range of Physical/Financial Gas and Power Products and their trading platforms.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is essential. Knowledge of a programming language would be advantageous.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and to maintain focus and accuracy.
- Strong numerical skills.