Our client is an established trader of Commodity and Energy products based in Central London. They offer a unique chance to work within a continuously growing and diversifying business, with a strong commercial appetite.
As the Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting, you will act as the specialist accountant for the LNG, GAS & Power trading activities, so requires the successful candidate to have experience in monthly gross margin reporting in accordance with IFRS standards, and an understanding of the differences between the accounting P&L vs. risk P&L The role is aimed at a candidate with a background in the Oil & Gas, Commodity trading industry specifically.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Prepare the monthly gross margin result for the LNG, Gas & Power business in accordance with IFRS 9, IFRS 13, IFRS 15 and IAS2.
- Co-work with Product Control team to prepare the monthly MI/MA reconciliation for Gas & LNG to explain the differences between the Finance P&L (MA) and the Risk P&L (MI).
- Prepare the monthly broker exchange reconciliations and liaise with Derivative operations on differences between ledger balance and exchange balance.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation and follow up with relevant teams on outstanding actions.
- Provide support on all aspects of the company’s external year-end audit and interim audit.
- Assist in the preparation of annual statutory report and statutory audit.
- Participate in IT projects to automate the month-end reporting processes.
- Perform other analysis, ad hoc projects and duties as needed.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent
- Strong trading accounting skills (at least 3 years)
- Experience in Oil & Gas Industry (at least 3 years)
- Experience of financial reporting and analysis within Oil & Gas Industry.
- Proficient in SAP skills, Microsoft Office Excel (prepare complex formulas and use of macros)
- Knowledge of Openlink Endur and Plan Logic EOS trading systems would be highly desirable
- Strong analytical skills, ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, positive, and proactive.