Our client is a leading, world renowned Global Commodity trading company.
The Credit Risk department are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and driven Senior Credit Analyst who can demonstrate strong understanding and application of credit risk analysis and management in the context of a fast-paced commodities trading environment.
The successful candidate will have strong fundamental credit skills to include financial analysis, commercial credit advice, understanding of credit documentation etc.
Furthermore, you will have a quantitative ability, able to understand and can demonstrate application of Potential Future Exposure (PFE) methodology and other quantitative indicators (Probability of Default models, CVA, Loss Given Default etc.), and be able to help design and deliver these models.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS FOLLOWS:
- Assess and provide advice to the business on counterparty risk and mitigations as they relate to deals and business proposals.
- Recommend internal limits, security instruments, payment and credit terms.
- Monitor and manage credit and performance risk exposure including analysing and resolving breaches, reporting non-performing counterparties and adverse credit events.
- Ensure compliance with the internal credit policy & procedures.
- Engage with Front, Middle and Back-offices functions, legal counsels, advisors and key stake holders on a regular basis to resolve credit related issues.
- Assist with the negotiation and execution of netting agreements, master trading agreements, credit clauses and security instruments.
- Supplement analysis to develop an assessment of client, competitor/ industry risks and trends.
- Help deliver on various Internal project, bringing ideas and opportunities to improve and advance our approach to assessing, managing, mitigating, and reporting Credit Risk.
- Educated with a degree in finance (or other applicable subject) with solid financial analysis skillset.
- 5+ years’ experience in commodities analysing Oil and Gas counterparties, with a preference for banking experience.
- Working knowledge of typical security instruments and industry standard agreements (guarantees, LCs, ISDAs, netting…),
- Strong understanding of quantitative credit measures (PFE, ECL, LGD etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to learn quickly and take initiative to broaden own knowledge.
- Ability to work in a team and engage with others, essential.
- Experience or able to demonstrate being comfortable within a fast-moving company and environment.
- Additional languages advantageous.