As a Risk Analyst you will be responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of the Profit and Loss (P&L), monitoring of trading positions, monitoring / analysing market price indicators, and performing daily controls. The successful candidate will have exposure to European Natural Gas and Power markets and work closely with traders, schedulers, risk, confirmations, settlements, and product control. The role entails critical trader support and interaction and as such, the relevant candidate must have strong communication skills. The ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic, willingness and ability to get the job done and be able to demonstrate expertise with the following concepts: physical and/or financial commodity transaction life cycle execution, including trading, position Mark-to-Market & P&L management (including FX exposure), confirmations, master agreements, credit exposure and margin management, scheduling, settlements, invoicing, and accounting.
- Performing the daily reconciliation of complex trading strategies for various commodities: identifying and reconciling differences while adhering to strict daily deadlines.
- Responding to inquiries from management and trading personnel related to causes of discrepancies between actual PNL and trader estimates.
- Collaborating with other operations personnel to resolve issues that may affect the daily P&L.
- Perform special projects as assigned which in many cases will include preparation of ad hoc position and P&L reports and analysis as required by the commercial team.
- Validating trader marks against third party sources such as ICE, CME, TOTEM, Platts, & Argus
- Analysing drivers of the daily P&L estimates and responding to inquiries from commercial teams or management on discrepancies between trader estimates and official P&L reports.
- Providing guidance to the traders and other functions of the company (including schedulers, product control and so on) in modeling and booking transactions in the ETRM.
- Managing ad-hoc projects such as positions reports, P&L reports, and analysis as required.
- Commodity (Energy preferred) market experience, especially knowledge of Refined Products, Power, and Natural Gas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Computer Science or a related field of study.
- Understanding of Options and Storage Valuation.
- Strong technical skills in Excel, VBA, SQL, and Python are preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to work in an energetic and dynamic environment.
- Track record of taking ownership of issues and being accountable for on-time, on-scope delivery.