Our client is a global energy & commodity trading group, with offices worldwide, and is one the leading trading houses in today’s commodity markets. The business continues to grow and diversify into new products, creating a very entrepreneurial and commercially driven environment to work in.
This role, reporting to the Head of Market Risk, will work as part of an analytics team covering all traded commodities including Oil (Physical and Financial), Gas, Power, Metals, Agricultural and Environmental products. The role will include building and maintaining crucial relationships with the front office and offers very strong future career development opportunities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT MAY NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Production of a daily VaR attribution, ability to produce a breakdown and explain key drivers – linear and non-linear portfolios.
- Regular market risk analysis, scenario analysis and stress testing.
- Provide trading strategy and hedging analysis, deal/contract market risk assessment for the desk.
- Provide quantitative assessment and support to the trading desks for portfolio risk.
- Supporting Front Office in new business activities by evaluating risks embedded in new business or complex transactions.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computational Finance, Statistics, or related field of study.
- Ideally Masters/PhD in a Quantitative discipline.
- High performing Quantitative Risk Analyst within commodities; Oil, Gas & Power, LNG etc.; with 1 – 4 years related experience.
- Prior experience in Hedge Fund, Oil Major, Commodity Merchant, Commodity Trading House or Bank; within a Quantitative Risk role.
- Previous experience Model Validation preferred.
- Experience in coding in R/Python/SQL/VBA in quantifying model risk.
- Strong commercial acumen and mindset.
- Detailed knowledge of leading risk management techniques.
- Computational skills: Excel & VBA + one of: R, Python, or Matlab.
- Good knowledge of commodity derivative trading landscape including options
- Experience designing and building analytical tools and risk measurement models.
- Experience using mathematical methods to conduct in depth statistical analysis
- Experience evaluating performance of significant risk takers
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively interact with senior executives
- Ability to succeed in a high-pressure environment