Our client is a Global Oil trading and supply company with offices across the world. They have a strong track-record of growth and an impressive entrepreneurial approach.
This role focuses on the preparation and production daily P&L reporting of the groups hedging activity to enable the business to understand and manage commercial performance. This includes daily volume exposure reporting, P&L reporting, analysis, limit monitoring and monthly Management Information to Management Accounts reconciliations.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibility for the preparation and production of the daily P&L reporting process for all hedging activities and timely provision of monthly key performance indicators to enable the business team to understand and manage commercial & trading performance, including daily volumetric exposure, P&L reporting, analysis, limit monitoring and monthly MI (Management Information) to MA (Management Accounts) reconciliations.
- Daily broker reconciliation and checks to ensure the trading system is accurate and up to date.
- Close liaison with hedging desk traders and physical controllers in contract locations to ensure data is accurate and timely.
- Help to implement process and system improvements to streamline activities performed by core team and enable increased focus on results analysis.
- Proactively providing to the business beneficial commercial analysis. Specifically, monthly commercial performance measures, analysis of pricing and basis risk around physical operations. P/L attribution of hedging desk books.
- Price curve production for p/l and mtm valuations.
- Responsibility for the OTC client derivative trades; to include daily credit reporting, cash margining, mtm statements to customers, confirmation of trades, monthly settlements, and invoicing.
- Ensuring integrity of data through the implementation and use of suitable controls.
- Maintenance of suitable infrastructure in support of business growth.
- Assisting with the month end close process.
- Help coordinate and review the proper flow of necessary documentation, e.g., for validation purposes etc.
- Ad hoc (financial) analysis and reporting, as requested.
- General administrative duties. Maintaining suitable and robust audit trails.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Business level of English language essential
- 2-3 years relevant experience within oil trading; additionally, the candidate may have held other relevant positions within an energy trading environment.
- Strong understanding of derivatives, risks, and P&L attribution.
- Accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA) preferred
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills, internationally across the group and externally.
- Track record of improving existing procedures.
- Experience of managing or supporting business growth.
- Working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Fast learner, active thinker who can gain an in-depth knowledge of the business and detailed familiarization of the daily reports. To identify easily when something doesn’t look or feel right.
- Ambitious, self-motivated, and demonstrating a willingness to continually develop own knowledge and skills
- High level of computer literacy including proficiency of MS Office package (Excel VBA would be helpful)
- Knowledge of other languages is desirable