Power Schedulers provide the interface between the short term power traders and Grid Operators. Each physical trader will act on the market in accordance with a view on the OTC, capacity market and power exchanges. Power Schedulers ensure that the physical positions matches the trader’s strategy at the European level, to ensure no value is lost.
- Manage short term physical electricity position in European markets through;
- The submission of bids/requests for the purchase of export/import transmission rights.
- The nomination of positions within countries with our trading counterparts.
- The nomination of border flows to the respective Grids.
- Ensuring that the positions displayed in our bespoke scheduling systems reflect the reality of the trading desks’ activity on the market in terms of trades being captured and export/import transmissions being correctly represented.
- Understand the requirements of each Grid Operator in terms of nomination format and deadlines for the various nomination types.
- React quickly to information from Grid Operators to avoid or minimise the impact of costly “imbalances”.
- Train new schedulers to perform the above tasks when necessary.
- This list is not exhaustive and may include other tasks assigned by the manager.
Experience required/technical requirements
- Graduate qualification in an analytical discipline (finance/science/engineering/maths)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Some experience of Scheduling or as an operator in the Energy market, preferred
- Fluency in English and at least one other European language is preferred (CEE languages as preference)
- Experience of VBA or other programming skills is useful
- Decisive and able to use own initiative in dealing with operational problems
- Disciplined and able to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Tactful when communicating with external companies
- Strong organisational and numerical skills
- Motivated to work hard and succeed in the company
- Team player
- Demonstrates integrity
- Hours of work: 24/7 Shift Rota