Our client is a global energy & commodity trading group, one of the most exciting and commercially driven Commodity Trading houses in the industry! Their operations span five continents with principal hubs in Geneva, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, London and Houston.
An opportunity has arisen to join the European power and gas physical scheduling team. We are looking for a self-starter with experience in power scheduling.
The successful candidate will be required to work 1 weekend in very 5, and one evening until 10pm; normal hours are 8am – 5pm. (No 24-hour shifts)
Summary of the daily duties:
- Responsibility for on time and correct processing and sending of intraday and day ahead nominations, schedules, and programs to counterparties and network operators
- The role involves acting as an interface between Power traders and European Grid Operators for the submission of exchange bids, nomination of positions within various countries and the nomination of border flows.
- Ensure Power capacity positions are nominated timely and accurately across UK & European Grids
- Perform allocation and capacity bookings and ensure all trades are booked in our ETRM
- Optimisation of out of hours positions, for gas and power, from both the trading desk and DMA business.
- Participating on European auctions for cross border power flows. This includes BrtiNed, IFA, NEMO, Eleclink and JAO auctions monthly
- Closing out positions from capacity cuts/scaling.
- Ensuring all market license conditions are upheld through good communications with the relevant network operators and implementation of network codes
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5-10 years power scheduling experience.
- Experience working with Openlink, EPEX, XBID/Comm Trader, JAO, N2EX, Gemini, PRISMA, Trayport, WebICE, ENOM, EEX, ICE Endex, APX, IPEX, PCE, PSV, OTE, EUREX
- Strong understanding of European power markets – balancing mechanisms, day ahead/intraday nomination deadlines & matching,
- Experience of physical nominations / explicit capacity purchase for border flows and cash out mechanisms across CWE power markets. Knowledge of CEE markets a plus.
- Understanding of market coupling process & multiple NEMO arrangement
- Trading experience a plus
- Gas Operations knowledge a plus.