Our client is a trader of Commodity and Energy products including, Gas, Power and Oil products based in Central London.
Whilst the role will start on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract basis due to head count allowance for 2023; the role is envisaged to be a permanent long-term hire.
The Payments Analyst sits within the Commodity Settlements team, within Finance. The role is an important one, with the key responsibilities of owning and managing all payments made by the business. Such payments include all commodity trading related costs, as well as all general accounts payables. An excellent knowledge of the end-to-end payments process is essential and knowledge of commodity trading costs useful, as well as accounting terminology and practises. The job holder must have excellent team working and interpersonal skills, due to required interaction with a wide range of stakeholders. Analytical skills to dig into an issue are also key.
- Responsible for running daily payment proposals daily from company’s different accounts from SAP and though various bank payment systems. Payments are trade related, general accounts payable and company expenses.
- Ensuring that all cash allocation for account receivables in various company codes in SAP is carried out, with investigation and queries raised with relevant Settlement Analyst as required.
- Daily reconciliation between SAP and bank reports, identifying issues to resolution within defined timescales, such as return of funds
- Owning and resolving any issues relating to payment, GL accounts and IHC accounts. Dealing with internal and external enquiries relating to payments
- Ensuring the end-to-end process is followed by updating payment status in various systems.
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation reports for payments, daily deals reporting and analytical reports
- Key in all month end SAP processes, ensuring all reporting is cleared and issues accountable and highlighted following the month end timetable.
- To circulate AR/AP outstanding report and assist for chasing aged debtor payment
- To assist to provide daily, weekly and monthly funds statements and cash flow forecasts to Treasury Department
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Educated to minimum A-Level education (or equivalent) or accounting vocational qualification; degree in Finance/Accounting/Banking or equivalent preferred.
- Proven professional background in Finance, Accounts or equivalent
- SAP experiences, payment run and Citidirect related ideal
- Settlement experience a plus
- Microsoft Office and trading/accounting system experience preferred.