Our client is a trader of Commodity and Energy products including, Gas, Power, LNG and Oil, based in Central London.
The role is a contract position for an Operational Risk / Business Change professional, who can carry out a wide range of Operational Risk activities and support the wider Operational Risk team in their day-to-day activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Support the development and maintenance of the operational risk framework to enable identification and assessment of major operational risks across core and emerging commercial and operational activities in line with recognised best practice and standards;
- Business process & procedure KPI & KRI:
- Review & update the KPI/KI Dashboard, maintain reporting & process data integrity.
- Deliver regular KPI/KRI analysis & presentation; Extract Risk insights & present learnings
- System access:
- Deliver segregation of Duties policy & maintain segregation of Duties Matrix
- Execute system job / security access permissions process / procedure
- Review active permissions & test permissions for exceptions / non conformance
- Conduct incident investigations and extract learnings and risk insights to drive performance improvements.
- Conduct the New Business Assurance process and contribute to the risk oversight and control in relation to new strategic initiatives and operational capability projects;
- Support the prioritisation, design, and delivery of Business Change Projects.
- Work closely with all business & support functions & departments
- Degree level educated, or equivalent. An educational background in areas such as Accounting, Audit or Business Control may provide an advantage.
- The successful candidate would preferably possess proven experience in operational risk and of working within an energy trading and/or risk environment.
- A background within other management and control functions i.e., Commercial Finance, Risk Management, Accounting, Audit, Internal Control, Business Change and Business Assurance, or a related Risk Consulting Practice.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of the energy trading (Oil, Gas, LNG, Power etc.) and supply chain business
- Demonstrable working knowledge of the energy transaction lifecycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; initiates communications within the team to learn and share knowledge and follows up to ensure message is received
- Ability to communicate well with front, mid and back-office personnel as well as senior levels of management; listens attentively, seeks to understand other viewpoints, and tests for understanding; ability to communicate complex issues simply
- Able to take and maintain an independent approach and challenge where appropriate.
- Ability to balance operational risk management theory and practical best practice implementation with commercial and resource constraints
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player, able to build working relationships within, and across, teams/departments
- Strong IT skills and aptitude; experience of working with large sets of data and producing reports
- Experience with energy trading risk management (ETRM) systems such as Endur and Symphony