The Trading Analyst, who will be based directly on the trading desk, will carry out analysis by gathering economic and strategic data, which will be used by the traders when devising trading strategies integral to their business.
- Use appropriate techniques and principles to conduct pre-trade and post-trade analysis.
- Modelling of fundamental supply, demand balance and trade flow of the products traded.
- Keeping track of global oil movements through vessel tracking that impacts pricing of physical cargoes
- Sitting on the trading floor, develop models to improve forecast of fundamental and price data.
- Analyse the information collected and highlight anomalies in the market that could lead to trading opportunities.
- Communicate results effectively with traders and senior management.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required from time to time.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Educated to degree level at 2.1 or above (or similar)
- Coding skills in VBA, Python, SQL, advantageous
- Highly numerate, with good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills – must be able to understand others’ perspectives and relate complex ideas to different groups, including senior management.
- The ability to challenge proposals constructively to help ensure they are robust, whilst maintaining excellent working relationships
- Highly motivated and organised, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team, flexibly handling a wide range of potential issues.
- Must be capable of working with significant autonomy and ensuring analysis is focused on delivering practical business benefits, often in tight deadlines.
- Driven with strong commercial acumen.