Our client is a globally recognised, Crude and Oil Products trading company based in the City, London.
As the new Shipping Operator, you will ensure that the cargo is transported safely and efficiently on the firm’s controlled and Voyage Chartered Tonnage. You will act as the coordinator and liaison between the Traders, Cargo desks, Chartering and Vessel Owners, Master, Service Providers, and brokers, and manage the voyage P/L and performance of vessels against the contractual terms and voyage estimates.
- Prepare documentation, maintain records, and coordinate logistics of the cargo transportation and vessel.
- Coordinate and liaise with Traders, Cargo Operators on load and discharge requirements
- Coordinate with overseas offices on discharge logistics
- Liaises with Master / Charterers / Owners & brokers to effectively manage the voyage
- Ensure complete familiarity of ongoing charter parties and relevant contracts, ensuring Owners and Masters comply with the same.
- Maintain P&L and act proactively to protect the same from any adverse swings
- Handling of cargo & bunker claims and other ancillary claims
- Engage Agents, STS providers, Bunker Suppliers, Towage companies and other service providers as necessary
- Create freight invoices and other non-demurrage voyage claims
- Prepare and issue relevant reports as required. Monitor voyage estimates against actual results
- Ensure a high standard of Operational Excellence is always maintained
- Any other tasks that the company may reasonably assign to this role from time to time, according to business requirements
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level or above (or equivalent) in Commercial, Shipping or Economic studies.
- Competent MS Office skills.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication
- Relevant work-based Shipping Operations experience is essential. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to work self-sufficiently and have a keen interest in the Crude Oil Trading and Shipping Industry. Has a proven track record in operating controlled tonnage.