Our client is a Global Oil trading and supply company with offices across the world. They have a strong track-record of growth and an impressive entrepreneurial approach.
This role focuses on the preparation and production daily P&L reporting to enable the business to understand and manager commercial & trading performance across a specific region e.g. Europe, Americas. This includes daily volume exposure reporting, stock control, P&L reporting, analysis, limit monitoring and monthly Management Information to Management Accounts reconciliations.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibility for the preparation and production of the daily P&L reporting process and timely provision of monthly key performance indicators to enable the business team to understand and manage commercial & trading performance, including daily volumetric exposure, stock control, P&L reporting, analysis, limit monitoring and monthly MI (Management Information) to MA (Management Accounts) reconciliations.
- Close liaison with sales desks and traders in contract locations to ensure data is accurate and timely; and, with the physical operations teams for reviewing all stock movements, either in tank, barges, waterborne, in pipe, etc (delivered or to be delivered).
- Help to implement process and system improvements to streamline activities performed by core team and enable increased focus on results analysis.
- Reviewing and checking daily physical and paper transactions have been posted correctly, are within Trading Delegations of Authority, and to ensure the hedging is carried out correctly each day.
- Proactively providing to the business beneficial commercial analysis. Specifically, monthly commercial performance measures, fixed cost reporting and analysis, analysis of pricing and basis risk around physical operations.
- Stock control: To analyse the operative performance of our barges (loadings, deliveries, transfers, loss control) and terminals and look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Ensuring integrity of data through the implementation and use of suitable controls.
- Maintenance of suitable infrastructure in support of business growth.
- Assisting with the month end close process.
- Help coordinate and review the proper flow of necessary documentation, e.g., for validation purposes etc.
- Ad hoc (financial) analysis and reporting, as requested.
- General administrative duties. Maintaining suitable and robust audit trails.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Business level of English language essential
- 3-5 years relevant experience within oil trading; additionally, the candidate may have held other relevant positions within an energy trading environment.
- Strong understanding of risks and P&L attribution.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills, internationally across the group and externally.
- Track record of improving existing procedures.
- Experience in physical oil operations.
- Experience of managing or supporting business growth.
- Working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Fast learner, active thinker who can gain an in-depth knowledge of the business and detailed familiarization of the daily reports. To identify easily when something doesn’t look or feel right.
- Ambitious, self-motivated and demonstrating a willingness to continually develop own knowledge and skills
- High level of computer literacy including proficiency of MS Office package