Our client is an International Oil & Gas trading and marketing company, with a presence in over 80 countries.
This role will be based in a new subsidiary trading office based in Rotterdam, which is currently going through a big period of growth.
As a Trading Operator, you will be part of our experienced team who will take care of everything from contract approval to the final delivery of the product. You will have the full responsibility to carry out operations and logistical services for specific products such as refined products, marine fuel, petrochemicals, and biofuels.
- Ensuring that all obligations arising from a contract are controlled and carried out.
- Deal daily with customers, freight counterparties, terminals, inspectors.
- Plan, prepare and nominate cargoes and monitor progress of imports/barges/vessels.
- Ensure smooth operations to avoid supply disruption and minimize demurrage costs.
- Ensure adherence to custom clearance, internal audit guidelines and fulfil document requirements and filing.
- Ensure that all operational information is entered into our Operating systems on a day-to-day basis and ensure that adequate records are kept meeting the company’s legal and fiscal obligations.
- Alignment with internal business stakeholders (e.g., traders, back-office, business control, financial control, treasury).
- Manage all ISCC responsibilities relating to the biofuel activities, including requesting and issuing PoS, DDC Certificates and maintaining the mass balance administration. Ensure all reporting towards ISCC and NWE are done within the required period.
- Experience with Logistics, Supply Chain, Business/Administration, or related studies.
- At least 3 years of experience within Barge/Vessel operations and logistics.
- Experience with liquid bulk cargo, preferably in bunker fuel and biofuels.
- A clear communicator with excellent problem solving and stress management skills combined with a pro-active attitude.
- Strong knowledge of all ISCC related documentation and filing
- Excellent administrative skills with eye for detail and efficiency.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Experience in the oil and/or commodity trading industry is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge and use of English (written and spoken).
- Strong knowledge of ISCC regulations for biofuels within The Netherlands