Working in a Global Energy Trading business, this role involves liaising with various business units and external consultants to collate and analyse market information and working closely with the Crude trading teams. Advising crude/LNG trading team on key market trends and portaging opportunities. Advising other energy related market inform such as clean energy, carbon trading markets etc.
- Drive useful and insightful analysis across global trading books. Maintain and build models to support fast moving business.
- Identify and test opportunities for analysis that will support the trading activities.
- Support the continuing development of the analytical infrastructure.
- Monitoring macro-economic movements in currencies and other asset classes and flagging up their potential impact on the oil market and / or the business.
- Provide analytical support for longer term activity by providing market forecasts and analysis.
- Updating and monitoring industry data, include crude supply, refinery outages and utilization rate, products cracks and margins, inventory and etc.
- Monitoring and calculating arb movements.
- Track cargo flows from various resources and conduct analysis.
- Reconciling and monitoring trading positions and P/L on a daily basis.
- Daily, monthly and quarterly reports preparation.
- Continually solicit requests for ad hoc analysis.
- Any other tasks that the company may reasonably assign to you from time to time according to business needs.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level or degree level qualification
- Understanding of commodities price theory including the fundamental drivers for supply, demand, trade flows and prices and their mutual interaction.
- Developed numerical analysis skills
- Understanding of refinery processes and economics
- Ability to think creatively about the best approach for testing a hypothesis and solving a problem by using relevant training and literature to help develop insights
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills that enable regular communications in appropriate style for a multinational and multicultural audiences
- A keen team member with a strong appreciation for the benefits of effective collaboration within the Analytics community
- Reliable and efficient member of the team who is keen to take accountability for specific pieces and ensure they are executed to a high standard
- Self-motivated and driven person with a desire to work in a global leading company
- A broad level of knowledge of financial and commodity markets and continually monitors market news to help keep Traders informed
- Good understanding of current market trends across all oil markets, and be able to readily apply these to form a view on relevant and interesting commercial insights for the business
- Likely to demonstrate a strong academic background; preferably in Finance, Economics, Engineering or another quantitative background
- Experience in a position closely related to an energy trading environment Previous experience in refining preferred Experience in pricing options
- Awareness of risks