Our client is a renowned, global energy & commodity trading group, with offices worldwide.
This role will directly support the Metals and Coal trading desks, officially working as part of the broader Middle Office team, you will support the growth of the Metals, and Coal trading function in both London and Geneva.
Therefore, it is essential that the candidate has knowledge of the Metals/Coal trading markets, and proven Risk/Middle Office/Trading Assistant experience.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT WILL NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for timely deal entry, correct position reporting, pricing reporting and adherence to trading limits.
- Production of a daily PnL for the physical Metals and Coal trading business, be able to produce a breakdown and explain key drivers.
- Manage the risk profile of the trading business in line with the agreed appetite for risk and risk limits.
- Strong interaction with traders in a challenging and growing environment.
- Implement new controls: liaise with IT team to improve and enhance processes.
- Liaise with back office/trade support/accounting/credit teams.
- Work closely with the trading desk to be able to understand their strategy and be able to challenge them.
- Ability to work as part of a team, covering cross commodity risk management.
- Strong understanding and experience of metals and/or coal trading markets.
- Work based experience as a Middle Officer/Product Controller/Risk Analyst with at least 1 year specifically supporting a Metal/Coal trading desk.
- An understanding of physical commodity flows, hedging, and a basic understanding of financial benchmarks is required.
- Technically competent with experience in setting up / managing risk management ETRM systems and tools.
- Self-starter, organized and autonomous.
- Process improvement mindset
- Fluent English, speaking and writing.
- Advanced Excel skills, VBA, Python (would be an advantage)
- Passionate about risk and processes, capable of working with the business lines to embed risk awareness and culture into everyday processes.