Our client is a very successful international Energy Trading company with access to all key markets worldwide…
This role offers an excellent opportunity to further develop skills and responsibility within a growing and successful commodity trading business.
For the right candidate, this role offers an excellent opportunity to further develop, or acquire, the key skills and knowledge required to advance within the energy trading industry. This role will provide a clear path of career development and opportunity to learn from industry experts.
Key Role Responsibilities:
The Analyst will be part of the P&L team and will be responsible for:
- Production of daily P&L reports and consolidation of all trade book reports, ensuring its precision, consistency and integrity
- Resolving queries from traders or other departments relating to P&L impacting topics
- Raising queries to traders when proposed booking changes or business practices are unclear
- Bringing awareness and understanding to the impacts of deal changes or bookings to different departments, considering how it will impact them
- Validation of physical commodity (LNG, Gas and Coal) and derivative deal entries ensure an accurate valuation within our ETRM
- Ownership of maintaining price curves and associated calendars
- Understanding the different funding requirements for futures and forwards and how it impacts various stakeholders
- responsibility of the relationship with clearing brokers and clearing banks
- Monitoring the trading activity; highlight and report unusual activity.
- Support Market and Credit risk monitoring
- Understanding and ability to calculate the impacts of IR and FX on P&L, working with the Treasury team to ensure the impacts are expected and hedges are correct or executed when required
- Supporting Finance in month-end financial closing processes explaining any provision requirements for the business
- Summary reporting (e.g. weekly, monthly) on key analytics
- Synergize with other teams based in London to add value to each other’s tasks as well as gaining a greater insight for colleagues based in Singapore
- Proposing and implementing innovative, more accurate and more efficient processes and calculation methods
- Ownership of the Contract and confirmation management for financial trades
- There may be business travel required.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3 years of experience working in a Commodity Trading environment
- Economics, finance or similar quantitative based degree
- Confident and clear communication style – ability to deliver ideas, ask for explanation when unsure and challenge others when best compliant practice is not applied
- Consistent detail while under pressure – the ability to work logically, quickly, and accurately while handling multiple tasks
- Comfortable with large data sets – effectively display and explain analysis for management
- Commercial awareness – Adaptive approach to problem solving and the ability to work effectively as part of a culturally diverse team based in Singapore
- Capable of working autonomously – organising workloads and managing delivery and expectation of front office on behalf of the team in Singapore