Our client is a global energy & commodity trading group and one of the most exciting and commercially driven Commodity Trading houses in the industry!
Working as part of the London Metals trading team, this is a newly created role due to expansion, which will work alongside the existing team and working closely with the traders, and assist with a new J.V.
- Organize bulk, container, truck shipments of minerals: cargo packing, cargo loading, cargo discharge, transportation itself, transhipment, storage.
- Organize insurance of the cargo during transportation and storage.
- Prepare and submit commercial cargo invoices to Receivers/Suppliers, organize settlement of invoices in coordination with Trade Finance, manage cash exposures with Counterparties, control/report credit exposure with Counterparties.
- Letter of credit.
- Work with service providers – forwarders, shipping agents, warehouses, surveyors: screening locations, preparing service agreements, arranging payments for services, controlling quality of services
- Organize operations for weighting, sampling, and assaying of cargos. Dealing with surveyors and laboratories, understanding facilities on the ground for weighting and sampling procedures.
- Organizing hedging of price exposure on shipments.
- Handling data entry in the system, working with exposure, cargo reports.
- Engineering/Chemistry/Mathematics/International Business: University Degree or Advanced Student.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role and within the Metals/Mineral commodities sector.
- Numerical skills s and Logical thinking.
- Proactive and Hard working.
- Languages: Fluent English.