Our client is an International Commodity trading, marketing, and Chartering company, based in the heart of Rotterdam, with offices and operations in over 30 countries worldwide.
As our Operations trainee, you will switch between several product teams to put your talents to good use where it really matters. Our one-year programme allows you to discover yourself through different experiences within Operations. You will learn more about your chosen discipline, supply chain management and the commodity-trading sector.
Our new Operations trainee is ambitious, is an excellent communicator and has the ability to proactively work together with all stakeholders.
We make things happen and as Operations trainee, you will work on an international scale and be responsible for the administration, communication and monitoring of various logistical processes. This means ensuring all necessary documentation and arrangements are in order for timely delivery of our worldwide commodities.
Alongside the logistical planning and execution, you will handle on-the-spot inquiries relating to logistical processes. When issues arise, you will be required to provide efficient and effective solutions. You will regularly handle large shipments of 60,000MT or more.
And last but not least! You will be guided by a permanent engaged mentor who will coach you, inspires you, introduces you to their network and shares their knowledge and insights.
- You will appoint cargo superintendents;
- Contact vessel agents and thoroughly check commodity contracts, as well as charter party terms;
- Make reservations, book invoices;
- Timely presentation of prepared documentation (such as bill of lading and certificates of
- origin) are key in completing operations effectively;
- You will put logistical information in to our system.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a bachelor degree, preferably in Operations Management, International Business, Supply Management or similar;
- Dutch and English Language skills are essential for this role;
- You are responsible and experience stressful peak periods like a challenge;
- Flexible, hands-on and proactive;
You have good communication skills with a feeling for cultural differences.