Our client is an entrepreneurial, market leading, International Commodities Trading business.
In this multitasking and versatile role, you will be the person who plans, communicates, and administrates logistical processes for agricultural commodities.
The position is part of the wider Operations department. You will work in an informal and diverse team, and be part of an international organisation that will help develop your skills and expertise.
Alongside the logistical planning and execution of various commodities, you will:
- Handle on the spot inquiries and issues relating to logistical processes. You will mainly do this for barges and trains within Europe (e.g., Czech Republic, Germany, and Italy).
- Shipments of meals will be added to your workload at a later stage. These shipments mainly take place from Eastern-Europe and South America to Central/Western Europe.
- Careful administration is a fundamental part of this job, as all information must be entered in our ERP-system in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Communication with external and internal clients from other departments (such as Trade, the Rail Logistics department and field offices in Eastern Europe) is also vital.
- Finally, timely presentation of prepared documentation (such as bill of lading) is key in completing operations effectively.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics engineering of similar.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Good communication skills with a good feeling for cultural differences.
- Combination of strong logistics and administrative skills.
- A real team player with good overview skills.
- Good command of English language (spoken and written). Basic knowledge of German language is considered as a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding work environment.
- A pro-active approach, foreseeing potential issues and quickly finding solutions when they arise.