Our client is an International Commodity trading, marketing, and Chartering company, based in the heart of Rotterdam, with offices and operations in over 30 countries worldwide.
In this challenging and international role, you are responsible for ensuring proper execution of the trade flows of containerized shipments of raw cotton. In this role you will administrate logistical issues by executing the Purchase and Sales contracts ensuring that you are accurately reading, checking the contractual obligations, conditions, and details of these contracts. Next to that, you will also be responsible to check the shipment documentation and ensure that payments are made and received on time as well as maintain a correct inventory and administration for our international trades. You will be part of the Operations Cotton team and report directly to the Team lead.
- You also are coordinating the logistics liaising with various parties to ensure that container movements by ship, trains and/or trucks are properly and efficiently loaded and discharged while delivering quality to ensure each shipment is accompanied by a complete and correct set of documentation.
- Day-to-day duties include inputting logistical information in to our system, making reservations, booking invoices, appointing cargo superintendents, contacting vessel agents and thoroughly checking the commodity contract, as well as charter party terms. Each trade is different, so accurate administration skills and a keen eye for detail are vital. Timely presentation of prepared documentation (such as bill of lading and certificates of origin) are key in completing operations effectively.
- Good communication skills are crucial in maintaining clear lines of communication with internal departments (such as Trade, Chartering and Finance), colleagues from our international field offices, as well as external third parties and our customers.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- For this position, we require candidates with prior experience in the industry, looking for a new challenge within Logistics/Trade Execution. The ideal candidate should also have:
- Experience in a similar position;
- A high level of accuracy;
- Good communication skills with a feeling for cultural differences;
- Good command of English language (spoken and written) any other language will be a plus.
- Execution experience in Cotton or other agricultural products;
- Ideally Logistical experience in containers or trucks;
- Ability to work in Spreadsheets
- Eager to develop understanding of the workings of a complex commodity business;
- A responsible and flexible attitude;
- A pro-active approach, foreseeing potential issues and quickly finding solutions when they arise;
- Eagerness to develop understanding of the workings of a complex commodity business.