Our client is an International Commodity trading, marketing, and Chartering company, based in the heart of Rotterdam, with offices and operations in over 30 countries worldwide.
We are looking for a lawyer to join our clients Legal Department in Rotterdam. In this role, you will advise different departments on contract terms, handle disputes arising under different type of commercial agreements, among other commodity sale and purchase contracts. A genuine opportunity to work for a leading international company with a strong team of colleagues!
You will work in the legal team which consists of 10 lawyers working on maritime, commercial and corporate matters. The colleagues in the team are passionate about their jobs and work together in an informal, cooperative way.
- Handle commercial claims (defending or claiming) arising under our commercial agreements.
- Manage legal cases (arbitration, litigation).
- Provide legal advice on contract terms (commodities sale and purchase, warehousing, transhipment, etc.).
- Organise training for colleagues on relevant legal topics.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as in house counsel or in a law firm.
- Master degree in Commercial Law.
- Good knowledge of English Law.
- Proficiency in English language is mandatory; additional languages highly desirable;
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify key issues, with the right attention to detail;
- Team player with a problem-solving mindset;
- Preferably knowledge and understanding of the commodities industry