As a Junior Vessel/Operations Officer, you will work as part of a medium sized Chartering team, within an International Commodity trading company in the centre of Rotterdam.
You will be part of an ambitious and diverse Chartering Operations team. They focus on learning and development opportunities and offer a comprehensive onboarding program, which is tailored to extend your knowledge on dry bulk shipping in a whole.
You will have an interest in shipping, be well organised and enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
You will be handling the entire operational process of their worldwide chartered fleet, which includes daily contact with captains, vessel owners/brokers, port agents and surveyors. With the use of an advanced data driven voyage management systems and tools you will strive to deliver a more sustainable, transparent and efficient freight service to the group trading company, and external clients.
- Providing instructions to the vessel and agents, based on the charter party terms negotiated by the Chartering Trade team;
- Being responsible for the voyage planning of your own vessel fleet (incl. checking and coordinating bunker requirements, cargo intakes, port rotations, optimal sea routes, appointment of port agents etc.);
- Ensuring all terms and conditions of the charter party are followed and fulfilled;
- Providing daily updates on the voyage planning to relevant (internal and external) clients and stakeholders and ensuring all is updated in the voyage management system;
- Monitoring and analysing the profit and loss for each voyage;
- Generating invoices and (laytime) calculations in a timely manner, including monitoring of payables and receivables.
This is a demanding and satisfying job because you are in charge of all the details of your vessels, which are an important link in the logistical chain to transport the commodities to different ports.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor degree level education, preferably in relevant field such as shipping/nautical, technical or logistical field of study;
- Good planning, organisational and communicative skills;
- Practical pro-active attitude;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written);
- The ability to work independently and as a team player;
- Analytical and working accurately;
- Ability to work under pressure.