Our client is an international, corporate organisation, actively involved in International Trade & Development, based in Central London.
The role of junior trade operator to administer contracts, logistics, and payments related to non-ferrous and ferrous raw materials department. The role covers a wide range of operational functions to supply goods in Europe and system data entry in a timely/professional manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process execution/ administration of Sales and Purchase Contract.
- Arrange the transportation of goods via Road, Rail Barging and Sea Freight.
- Negotiate with logistical service providers to secure transportation at competitive price.
- Arrange customs clearance of goods.
- Handle Bills of Lading and other commercially necessary documentation.
- Invoice relevant counterparties and control all payments by paying high attention to credit line.
- Liaise with relevant counterparties direct or via branch offices/agents) by phone/e mail/letter.
- Comply with filing policy.
- Administer currency receivables against FX contracts internally.
- Reconcile accounting data.
- Process payments to logistical providers.
- Comply with internal rules and operating policies.
- Investigate settlement queries with Accounts Department and customers.
- Arrange warehouse stock inspections and circulate internally against the internal controls.
- Assist with system development.
- Support Ad hoc tasks when required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum GCSE level Mathematics & English language (overseas equivalents apply)
- Professional verbal and written communication skills in English language
- Basic MS Office skills (Desirable advance level in Excel).
- Works well under pressure whilst remaining calm and methodical.
- Prioritise own work under the general guidance of the line/department manager.
- Works on own initiative with little supervision
- Very high standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and good interpersonal skills
- Flexible attitude and willingness to adapt to new requirements.
- Previous work experience in a physical trading environment (preferred but not essential)
- Previous experience of working with SAP (preferred but not essential)
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment (preferred but not essential)