Our client is an Entrepreneurial, market leading, International Commodities Trading business offering the highest level of professionalism, entrepreneurial spirit, and personal ownership. They offer a wide-ranging and very challenging role with prospects in a continually growing global company. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a stimulating environment in which enthusiastic colleagues work together in a practical and informal way.
In this multitasking and versatile role, you will be the person who plans, communicates and administrates logistical processes for the Sugar Department. You will be part of the Operations Sugar team and report directly to the Team leader, working within the Sugar Execution team closely alongside the commercial team daily. This is a busy team of both Dutch and International Colleagues
Next to the planning of the logistics, you will also handle on the spot problems and inquiries for logistical processes. You will be doing this for shipments. The whole flow of operations and logistics will be entered in our ERP-system, which is an important part of the job and must be precisely and timely done. Communication with external and internal clients (such as Trade and external South American clients) is also vital in this job. For a clean and complete process, the documentation such as bills of lading, invoices and certificates of origin must be precisely and timely prepared.
Good communication skills are crucial in maintaining clear lines of communication with internal departments, colleagues from our international field offices, as well as external third parties and our customers.
- Execution of Purchase and Sales contracts by accurately reading and checking the conditions and details.
- Delivering quality in liaising with various parties to ensure each shipment is accompanied by a complete and correct set of documentation (such as bill of lading and certificates of origin).
- Paying proper attention to the administration by checking shipment documentation and ensuring that payments are made and received on time.
- Assisting in settling disputes with our counterparties around the globe.
- Inputting logistical information into Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Making reservations.
- Booking invoices.
- Appointing cargo superintendents.
- Contacting vessel agents and thoroughly checking the commodity contract, as well as charter party terms. Each trade is different, so accurate administration skills and a keen eye for detail are vital.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics engineering of similar.
- Combination of strong logistics and administrative skills
- Good communication skills with a good feeling for cultural differences.
- A good level of English (spoken and written); Dutch ideally but not essential.
- You will enjoy working in an international high-pressure environment.