Our client is a renowned, global energy & commodity trading group, with offices worldwide.
Officially working as part of the broader Middle Office team, you will support the Crude Oil trading desks, and therefore the ideal candidate will have Oil/Commodity markets knowledge and a genuine passion for a career in Commodity trading, as well as a strong IT skill including Python programming etc., and a commercial mindset.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT WILL NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for deal entry, position reporting and adherence to trading limits.
- Production of a daily PnL for Traders, be able to produce a breakdown and explain key drivers.
- Manage the risk profile of the trading business in line with the agreed appetite for risk and risk limits.
- Strong interaction with traders in a challenging and growing environment.
- Implement new controls; liaise with IT team to improve and enhance processes.
- Liaise with back office, trade support, account and credit teams.
- Work closely with the trading desk to be able to understand their strategy and challenge them.
- Educated to master’s degree level or equivalent in a highly numerate discipline, Mathematics, etc.
- 1-2 years’ work-based Middle Office/Product Control/Risk Management experience in a similar role in an Energy/Commodities trading environment is preferred.
- Passionate interest in Commodity trading.
- Passionate about risk and processes, capable of working with the business lines to embed risk awareness and culture into everyday processes.
- Advanced Excel skills, VBA, SQL. Python preferred.
- Strong commercial mindset, and demonstrable commercial acumen.
- Fluent English, spoken and written.