Our client is an International Commodity trading, marketing, and Chartering company, based in the heart of Rotterdam, with offices and operations in over 30 countries worldwide.
In this multitasking and versatile role, you will be the person who plans, communicates, and administrates logistical processes for the Sugar Department. You will be part of the Operations Sugar team and report directly to the Team leader.
You will work on an international scale and be responsible for the administration, communication, and monitoring of various logistical processes. This means ensuring all necessary documentation and arrangements are in order for timely delivery of worldwide commodities.
- Next to the planning of the logistics, you will also handle on the spot problems and inquiries for logistical processes. You will be doing this for shipments.
- The whole flow of operations and logistics will be entered in the ERP-system, which is an important part of the job and must be precisely and timely done.
- Communication with external and internal clients (such as Trade and external South American clients) is also vital in this job.
- For a clean and complete process, the documentation such as bills of lading, invoices and certificates of origin has to be precisely and timely prepared.
Good communication skills are crucial in maintaining clear lines of communication with internal departments (such as Trade, Chartering and Finance), colleagues from international field offices, as well as external third parties and external customers.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good communication skills with a feeling for cultural differences;
- A responsible and flexible attitude;
- A pro-active approach, foreseeing potential issues and quickly finding solutions when they arise;
- Eagerness to develop understanding of the workings of a complex commodity business;
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics engineering of similar;
- Combination of strong logistics and administrative skills;
- A real team player with good overview skills;
- Good in Dutch and English (spoken and written). Knowledge of Portuguese language would be a plus.