Our client is one of the Leading Commodity traders in their field and due to continued growth are seeking to recruit a Trainee Controller.
The main objective of the Trainee Controller role is to work closely with the Finance Control teams supporting the business. The role will primarily involve assisting the Controllers on the reporting and analysis of financial and operational performance and providing support by providing daily P&L position reporting for the trading element of the business.
The role will work within a small team working towards and developing with the overseas subsidiaries to improve profitability by ensuring sound business controls and good operational practices are in place. This will involve working with in house systems, accounting processes and the opportunity to learn about business and control practices.
The Group is also about to embark on an extensive systems replacement program and the trainee will be involved in some aspects of this.
Skills & Experience:
- Degree level educated in a Business related subject with minimum achieved or expected 2:1 result.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a related commercial environment – to be in finance/accounts type background.
- Proven knowledge/experience of financial/accounting controls
- Interest in emerging markets and in working within an international company
- Demonstrated analytical and data management skills
- Excellent excel skills; experience of other software would be advantageous; interest in and aptitude for systems is essential
- International work experience and additional language skills (French or Spanish) would be beneficial.
- Personable and energetic
- Fast learner