Our client is a global commodity trader providing outstanding client care, with many years of experience across the agricultural commodity markets.
- To lead, develop and manage a new Soft Commodities desk, trading bulk agricultural products and their oil derivatives in key origins and destinations
- To create a balanced portfolio of products that gives a spread
- Identify new product and geographical markets, developing opportunities to increase trade and grow the business.
- Lead the strategic development of agricultural commodity trading within the company
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and suppliers, through regular communication. Travel will be supported as required, based on presented budgets
- Leverage relationships to obtain current market information
- Negotiate purchase and sale contract terms
- Maintain an up to date customer database to ensure awareness of customer activities, needs and competition, regularly reporting to Directors on new relationships, market conditions and trades
- Oversee contracts from initial negotiations, to final delivery and payment, working closely with Logistics, Treasury and Chartering departments.
- To manage associated hedges as required
- Take a role as contributor to the Risk Committee in trade related discussions for contracts from other desks
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent experience in industry
- Driven by profit
- A great communicator and negotiator
- An entrepreneurial attitude, will to seek out opportunities
- Superb customer care
- Strong team member, with leadership experience
- Analytical person, able to solve issues quickly and efficiently as they occur
- Relevant degree
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in an agricultural trading house, including at least 5 years as a trader
Multi-lingual preferable, but must have excellent oral and written English