Due to additional headcount, we are looking for someone who can use their existing experience to act as a risk manager for the firm’s valuation and reserving processes. The successful candidate will have a proven track record on process improvement and risk identification within complex financial products and a clear vision as to how price verification processes should be governed, along with mitigating the risks associated with them.
- Manage daily and monthly price verification processes.
- Own global reporting and consistency of reserving and day 1 revenue recognition policies and processes.
- Work with global team to improve current testing.
- Implement processes to identify risk factors not currently captured and bring these into the process.
- Provide linkage between risk and MO risk identification processes to ensure.
- 5yr+ experience in running price verification processes within a large institution (tier 1 banks ideal)
- Experience of working with complex asset classes (commodities experience ideal but not essential)
- Proven history in improving processes.
- Interest in financial products and the risk/modelling that drives them.
- Proven history in analyzing products, their risks and turning this into a set of processes to control and monitor those risks.