The role sits within the physical trading division of a larger commodity trading company, who trade, distribute and manufacture their products worldwide.
The business is growing and can now accommodate a further trainee with the potential to trade in the future (subject to success in this role). Through hard work, flexibility and commitment, one former Graduate Trainee is now trading successfully for the business!
- Arranging the shipping and delivery of metals, including the monitoring status of different cargos;
Once trained, assisting Traders to:
- Monitor positions / stock locations / stock allocations
- Give prices to customers, when required
- Provide holiday cover for colleagues;
- Take responsibility for the calculation of and preparation of customer invoices as well as checking invoices for payment;
- Telephone liaison with suppliers and customers including exploring new Metals to trade for the company.
- General administrative duties including photocopying, faxing, preparation of own typed correspondence;
- Input data to computer trading system and understanding of the mechanisms in place.
- Be available to travel to Metal Conferences with the aim of meeting new leads .
- Graduate in a numeracy related degree, including Business Studies, Business Management;
- Fluency in a European language useful-Spanish preferred.
- Good understanding of MS Office – proven knowledge/experience of using Word and Excel to intermediate level;
- Excellent numeracy and proof-reading skills – must be able to calculate and prepare quite complex invoices and have an eye for detail.
- Efficiency in terms of administrative skills – the role involves much processing of hard copy documentation and requires someone who is naturally well organised and methodical;
- Hands on individual – the role will initially focus on learning processes and the preparation of documentation relating to shipping and accounts;
- Team player and flexible attitude – working in a small team and expected to assist wherever support is required;
- Ability to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines;
- Self-motivated and proactive – will be chasing up deliveries/shipping schedules.