Our client is a global energy & commodity trading group, with offices worldwide in over 45 countries: one of the most exciting and commercially driven Commodity Trading houses in the industry! Their operations span five continents with principal hubs in Geneva, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, London, and Houston.
The role will sit within the Gas & Power scheduling team within the broader Operations function, covering both Gas & Power; and is aimed a recent Graduate, who is a self-starter, and looking to commence/further their career in the Gas & Power trading industry.
The successful candidate will be required to work 1 weekend in very 5, and one evening until 10pm; normal hours are 8am – 5pm. (No 24-hour shifts!)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Once trained you will have the opportunity to carry out the following:
- Responsibility for on time and correct processing and sending of intraday and day ahead nominations, schedules and programs to counterparties and network operators.
- The role involves acting as an interface between Power traders and European Grid Operators for the submission of exchange bids, nomination of positions within various countries and the nomination of border flows.
- Ensure gas positions, storages & IP/VIPs are nominated timely and accurately across UK & European Grids
- Perform allocation and capacity bookings and ensure all trades are booked in ETRM
- Optimisation of out of hours positions, for gas and power.
- Participating on European auctions for cross border power flows. This includes IFA, IFA2, ElecLink, NemoLink and JAO auctions monthly.
- Closing out positions from storage and capacity cuts/scaling.
- Ensuring all market license conditions are upheld through good communications with the relevant network operators and implementation of network codes.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Educated to degree level in a numerate subject (or equivalent) is essential.
- Previous work-based operations / scheduling experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge of the energy trading industry, including gas and power operations preferred; desire and passion to work in the Commodity trading industry a must.
- Excellent computer skills, SQL, VBA preferred.